Frequently Asked Questions

I don’t see my question below. I would like to ask a representative

Application Questions

If your event qualifies for general liability with host liquor,  we would not remove host liquor as it is built into the premium. 

If there is an invite list, use that total. If not, use your best judgment to determine the total number of people that will be in attendance. If you have a multiple day event, then you will want to use the total number of attendees.  For example, a two-day event in which you expect 100 people per day would require coverage for 200 people. Vendors will often have to secure their own coverage separately.

The easiest way will be to fill in the information regarding your event on our Price Quote page. The more information you have, the easier it will be to get you immediate and accurate pricing. If you have any questions, please send a message through the Contact Us page or call 888-882-5902 to speak with one of our friendly representatives.

The online purchasing option is there for your convenience. If you would prefer to secure your coverage over the phone, you can certainly do that; however, you will need to be near your email to confirm the terms and conditions of the policy and to input your payment information.

There is no limit to how many additional insureds can receive coverage on your policy.

Policy Questions

Overnight events can be included in the coverage by adding a second day on the policy.

Miscellaneous Questions

Unfortunately, a loss, directly or indirectly, arising in any way out of an outbreak or epidemic of the Coronavirus is not covered.

Host Liquor means you plan on giving away alcohol (or BYOB) at your 1 day event with 500 or less attendees. You are not required to purchase a liquor license for this event and your profession does not involve selling, serving or furnishing alcohol. Alcohol may be sold at weddings by a caterer or professional bartender.

Retail Liquor, on the other hand, means that a professional bartender is selling alcohol at your event or you are giving away alcohol (or BYOB) for an event that is: multi-day, more than 500 attendees or your profession involves selling, serving or furnishing alcohol.

No, vendors require their own insurance policies, separate from the event holder. They cannot be an additional insured. We suggest signing a “hold harmless” agreement with your vendors so that you are not held legally responsible for any mishaps with them. Consult with licensed attorney for advice in this regard.

The policy will be priced the same regardless of whether the event takes place inside or outside.

The state of the venue location determines the cost of coverage.

The policy insures property damage caused by fire, and would extend to performers and entertainers. 

Security guards are not required for any event nor would they be added as insureds to the policy.  If you hire a private firm to provide security guards for the event, they would need to purchase their own liability insurance.  

The Waiver of Subrogation waives the right of recovery against the venue owner in regards to damages or injuries. You do not need to add this to a policy unless required by your venue. An additional insured is another party (other than the named venue) that can receive coverage under your policy in the event of damages or injuries.

What If...

Of course. Please give us a call or write to us on the Contact Us page with a detailed description of the changes needed for your policy. All policy changes will be subject to a change in premium.

In almost all cases, premiums are fully-earned and final once purchased. If you have any questions regarding a cancellation, please contact a representative at least 1 business day prior to the scheduled start of your event.

There is no personal property coverage on the policy except in the case of Wedding events with specific endorsements included.

Event Liability Glossary

  • Additional Insured

    A person or organization other than the Name Insured that is protected by the insurance policy, in addition to the Name Insured.

  • Deductible

    An initial amount of money that must be paid by the insured before the insurer will cover the claim.

  • Endorsement

    A change to the original insurance policy. This can include the entities insured, the dates, the number of people, the coverage limit, etc.

  • Host Liquor Liability

    The host must not be involved in the sale, service or distribution of alcohol.

  • Named Insured

    A person or organization designated by name as being covered under the insurance policy. Usually the host of the event.

  • Premium

    An amount to be paid for an insurance policy.

  • Replacement Cost

    The current value of an insured item in the event were to be replaced due to loss or damage.

  • Waiver of Subrogation

    An agreement restricting the transfer of legal responsibility to a third party. Venues will often ask the named insured to obtain a  waiver of subrogation, relieving the venue of legal responsibility