20 Planning Tips For A Successful 2020 WeddingCamisha Ballard
The new year is almost upon us. It may be just another year for some. However, if you are planning to have a wedding in 2020, this year has more significance. But it’s no secret that planning a wedding is hard work. In order to stop yourself from going insane, it’s crucial to know a few tips to save time and money. So to help, we have assembled a list of wedding planning tips and tricks to make your 2020 planning more easy, or at least more tolerable.
20 Wedding Planning Tips For 2020
1. Start wedding planning early. It’s the best way to ensure you will get the best vendors for your style and budget. The earlier you get onto it, the easier, and less stressful it will be as your day approaches.
2. Know your numbers in terms of insurance, rough guest list numbers and the budget.
3. DIY projects for your wedding save money – but not time. You don’t have to DIY everything. Instead, figure out what your time is worth, take the time to really price things out, and decide what you’re going to DIY accordingly.
4. Send thank-you notes. And not just to your guests, but to your vendors, too. A little note of appreciation means a lot.
5. Don’t listen to everyone’s input. Make sure you know who the important voices are around you – maybe that’s your planner, parents or best friend.
6. Make your vows a keepsake. Write vows in a notebooks to have for years and years.
7. Shop secondhand to save money. There are tons of couples who got married recently who have spare centerpieces, and who would be thrilled if you took them off their hands.
8. One of the biggest things to budget for in your wedding is the food. Make sure you do thorough research on your caterer and that you have options for your guests. If you know that some guests are vegan, make sure you have options for them as well.
9. Get wedding insurance to cover wedding day mishaps. This could be anything from a problem with the catering not showing up, to injuries. Account for anything that might not go to plan so you’re not left stressed out and panicking on the big day. For more information, go here.
10. Be selective with your guest list. Sorting the guest list early is important so you can then focus on finding the perfect venue that will cater for your chosen number of guests.
11. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Although it’s your big day, your friends and family will be more than willing to help and will want to be involved in the planning.
12. Create lists. It’s impossible to keep track of everything by yourself. Therefore, you can create a list for your budget spreadsheet, when payments are due, things to buy and of course a guest list.
13. Don’t forget what’s important. After all, this is a special day, meant to celebrate a future together with the person you love.
14. Have wedding meetings with you and your spouse to narrow down choices, read over contracts and discuss whatever has to be done.
15. Cut down on the number of vendors wherever possible. If the venue includes chairs, tables, and a place for people to stay, you’ve cut down on the number of other vendors that you need to interact with
16. Don’t forget to have fun. We all know how stressful planning can be. Don’t forget to enjoy the journey.
17. Take notes. Even though it may feel a bit like being back in school, but take tons of notes when visiting venues or other suppliers.
18. Take some time to research wedding blackout dates, and select a day wisely. These blackout dates can be other relatives weddings, birthdays, holidays, etc.
19. The Internet is an endless (free) source of information. Use it to your advantage and check out the millions of wedding-related hashtags for ideas and tips
20. Remember to relax. It’s easy to get swept up in stress surrounding a wedding. Treat yourself to a spa day or yoga session through the wedding planning process.
We hope that these tips will help with planning your 2020 wedding! And happy new year!